Hardwood flooring can make your Burnaby home look and feel luxurious- it can even increase the value of your home. If you’ve been thinking about installing hardwood flooring throughout your home in Burnaby, talk to the professionals at Metrotown Floors & Interiors.
Nothing gives a home quite the same feel as hardwood flooring. Today’s options in Burnaby’s Metrotown Floors & Interiors make hardwood options quite numerous, so that regardless of your budget, there is a hardwood option that’s right for you. When it comes to choosing real wood flooring, homeowners can choose from the 2 main types: solid hardwood and engineered hardwood. Choosing between them is a bigger deal than just choosing your personal preference Take a look at what each type means for your home and budget:
- When it comes to manufacturing techniques, solid hardwood flooring is made from a single piece of wood, most commonly 3/4 of an inch, most often in tongue and groove. In comparison, engineered hardwood consists of 2 or more layers, the top being the veneer, or the layer that provides the aesthetic quality and the bottom layer that may be made from layers of plywood, multiple payers of bonded solid wood or from another material. Click lock technology or tongue in groove are common.
- The properties of hardwood flooring are fairly stable across the board. Both options will leave a Burnaby homeowner with a finished product that will provide superb dimensional stability throughout seasonal humidity fluctuations.
- The durability of hardwood flooring will be relatively similar from both solid and engineered hardwood flooring; what differs may be the surface wear which will depend on the type of flooring finish that you select, not on whether your flooring is solid or engineered.
- While you may assume that engineered hardwood would naturally offer the more cost-effective option, that’s not always the case. The costs of manufacturing the engineered wood and the installation costs can vary greatly. The best course of action is to speak with a hardwood flooring expert from Metrotown Floors in Burnaby about the options available and the costs involved with both purchasing the flooring and installing the planks.
- Many homeowners mistakenly believe that to get the look and feel of real wood, they have to go with real solid hardwood. While that may once have been the case many decades ago, it’s not so today. Engineered floors use solid sawn wood lamellas, so that the top layer is made of real wood, just like solid hardwood. You’ll get the true look, texture and feel of solid hardwood flooring in your Burnaby home regardless of which option you choose.
If you’d like to talk over your flooring project with an expert from Metrotown Floors & Interiors, call 604-434-4463 and let a professional provide you with budget options, advice, recommendations and more. Metrotown Floors offers a broad range of flooring materials along with highly experienced installers. Your successful project results are guaranteed. Visit online at metrotownfloors.com to see their fabulous photo gallery.Hardwood Flooring Burnaby